Thursday 21 April 2016

Happy Birthday Liz!

Just in case you missed it, the Queen (of England) turns 90 today.

That's a good innings.



I'm sure she's celebrating with a nice cup of tea.

It seems fit that we celebrate too.

But we are Australian, so we need to celebrate in our own authentic way.

How fabulous then, that this popped up in my feed today:  Anzacs Three Ways

I just love the Five Beans Blog.  If you haven't heard of it, it's worth checking out!  Elissa is a Canberra girl, who loves to nourish family and friends with her food.  The blog is intelligent, informative and has an amazing diversity of ideas.

I loved her recent blog post on providing meals for people, check it out here.  Loads of tips for caring for people through food!

I'm staying with a friend this week - it's the perfect holiday.  Our children are playing happily together, so we are free to get some work done (or not...).

Copious amounts of tea are being consumed.

She had popped out on an errand, so I thought it would be fun to follow the inspiration and bake some Anzac biscuits.

I am always in search of The Perfect Anzac.  

My perfect Anzac has to spread a bit when it cooks, so that you get that lovely crispy edge to it yet still have a bit of density to the middle, but not too much, as a stodgy Anzac is all wrong.

The fabulous news?  I achieved The.Perfect.Anzac today.

I used the Womens' Weekly recipe that Elissa shared on the blog.

They are nearly all gone.

The bad news?  I have no idea how I achieved The.Perfect.Anzac.  While I did follow the recipe, I couldn't find the scales for accurate measurement.  It was all about the Guesstimating.

While I'm thrilled that it was a great result, I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to be The.Perfect.Anzac, and I'll never be able to repeat the feat again...

Guess I'll just have to practise.  Luckily there are willing hordes to consume my efforts.

In honour of Her Majesty, we routed out the fine china, poured ourselves a nice cup of tea, and enjoyed.

Cheers Liz, and here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment